There is a rich tradition of using great classical melodies and themes to create beautiful songs. On Moonlight, some of classical music’s most popular and enduring melodies have been re-imagined, including Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata; Mascagni’s Intermezzo; and Schumann’s Traumerei, as well as melodies by Elgar and Marcello.
Katya gives a stunning vocalise performance of Bach’s Air on a G String and a moving interpretation of Schubert’s Ave Maria. Backed by a full orchestra, Katya’s brilliant performance on Moonlight, her debut album, establishes her as a rising star.
Katya (Ekaterina Shelehova) was born in Russia in 1995. She immigrated to Canada with her family in 2002.
Catalog: MAR 443
Preview or purchase on iTunes.
Visit Katya's web site.
Listen to Katya on YouTube.
Follow Katya on Twitter.
Total playing time: 44:00
- Moonlight (based on Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven)
- Lux Aeterna (based on a melody by Elgar)
- Canzone Alla Luna (inspired by the poem 'Alla Luna' by Leopardi) (Listen)
- Only In My Dreams
- You'll Find Your Home (based on Intermezzo by Pietro Mascagni)
- Goodbye (based on Adagio by Alessandro Marcello)
- Ave Maria (Franz Schubert)
- Air on a G String (J. S. Bach)
- The Key
- Open Air (based on Traumerei by Robert Schumann )